Re: Need some brake rebuilding

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Need some brake rebuilding
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:02:19 -0800
Hmm, that would seem to be based on a misapprehension. I can see how you
might want a polished surface if the pistons were a sliding fit to the
seals, but in fact there should be no relative movement between the seals
and the piston. The seal itself flexes to accommodate the very tiny range of
motion required for braking, and the rebounding of the seal retracts the
piston when the brake is released. So I don't see how the finish is
relevant. But maybe I'm missing something.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149