Re: Engine Colour, no- rbb bashing

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: Engine Colour, no- rbb bashing
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:04:01 -0600
Hear, hear!

Maybe it's not the same as chrome cars. Big deal. BMC and BL were
too cheap to replace it when it should have been replaced. What'd it
get us? 25 years after the B, MG is still struggling to survive.

Maybe the 68 would do a tiny bit better in an autocross. Maybe it
would be 1/2 car length ahead in a drag race. Maybe it would win
every concours over a rbb. So what. A 91 Civic Si would blow the doors
off of both cars, with 6 bags of groceries in the back and 2 kids in
the back seat.

The point is, they are still fun cars to drive.

I had a '72 back when. Now, I have a '77. I found a good solid car, with
no rust and a good engine. And I'm working from there.

Paul.