MGB Top

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Top
From: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:25:39 -0500
Hi All!

I'm shopping for a new top for my '66B (with the stow-away frame) and I'm
leaning toward the "Sun-Fast" canvas tops from Moss (or other supplier if
less expensive). Would anyone know what fasteners, if any, are already
installed in them? The Moss catalog states that it doesn't include a header
rail (which is too bad, because mine needs a lot of work) and I'm assuming
that it doesn't include an anchor bar either. But, it would be nice if all
the "lift-the-dot" and other fasteners were already installed. Also, does
anyone have any experience installing canvas tops like these? Is it
difficult? Any tricks?

And while I'm on the subject, what's the difference between the canvas tops
offered by Moss (P/N 242-990, $728.95 or $619.95 on sale) and the Stayfast
tops offered by Prestige which are listed at $363.95 (P/N 1055)? That's a
price difference that's hard to ignore.

Thanks,

Dave

1966 MGB