Re: Classic Auto Insurance

To: "Frank Kajewski" <frankk@intap.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic Auto Insurance
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:48:19 -0600
I have American Family for both of my LBC's -- same as my daily drivers,
homeowner's and umbrella policy.  The 79 MGB is a bit over $120/yr for full
coverage and the 72 Midget is $11.20/yr for comp as it is awaiting
restoration.

These rates are good, but the service is what gets me to stay with them.
About 10 years ago I had a Mustang convertible with which my better half
lost a fight with a large truck.  The adjuster called me and said it was
about $900 short of totalled and asked me if I wanted it back.  I didn't
with this much damage.  He then said that he could see that it was in very
good shape, he told me what blue book was and asked how much I wanted for
it.  I asked $1000 over blue book and he didn't bat an eye (damn, should
have said $2000).  He said that was fine and I had a check in a couple of
days.  That, my friends, is what a good insurance company does.

My rates are very good, but you couldn't pry me away with lower rates!

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."