Re: Nuts and Grease Gun

To: "MICHAEL JONES" <jonesmp@prodigy.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nuts and Grease Gun
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:11:03 -0500
I'm quite sure that in the British motor industry by 1956 about the only
things going out the door on a BMC product still using BSF threads were S.U.
parts (fuel pump and carbs). Certainly the rest of the car's parts that were
utilizing BMC's A, B, and C series engines, gearboxes, rear axles and so on
were fitted with UNF thread systems. Body and trim fasteners were also using
the UNF system pretty much across the board.
Of course there were exceptions, but they were becoming very rare by 1956. And
as a footnote, there were NO metric threads used anywhere on these cars.
Rich Chrysler