RE: Travelling to London

To: dawolfsburg@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Travelling to London
From: howersl@att.net
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:24:36 +0000
Frank,

I go to London every other month or so.  Here are some of my favorites:

1. St. Martins - auto model store; Charing Cross rd across from Wyndams
theater.  Used to sell Wills finecast models of MBT, MGB, etc.  Tiny store,
huge selection.

2. Motorbooks - great auto-related bookstore; if they dont have it you dont
need it.  On St Martins Court, between Leicester Square and Covent Garden.
Check out the basement for NOS shop manuals.  http://www.motorbooks.co.uk

3. London Transport Museum - just off the Covent Garden piazza.
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/

4. Brooklands Museum in Weybridge.  Take a 30min train from Waterloo Station
toward Woking; get off at Weybridge; 5 min cab ride from there.  Loads of
motoring/aviation stuff.  http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

Drop me an email if you want additional info/suggestions.  When are you there?