Re: Virus stopper [OT]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Virus stopper [OT]
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:19:04 EST
I had my computer slowed to a crawl not by viruses but by spyware.   This
things creep into your machine on a regular basis, and if you don't clean  them
out they can become as destructive as a virus.  I have found a great  program
that is free for personal use.  It works quickly, and it regularly  updated,
also free.  I use it once or twice a week and it always find 7-12  new spyware
creepers that snuck into the machine.

It's called Ad-Aware Se (from Sweden, I guess).  Go to Lavasoft.com  for the
free download.  They also try to sell a professional version, but  I'm OK on
the virus side.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang

In a message dated 3/7/2005 1:55:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
simon.d.matthews@gmail.com writes:

On Mon,  07 Mar 2005 10:20:00 -0800, Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
wrote:
> Long term, the cheapest alternative is probably buying a Mac --  you not
only
> don't have to continually buy and upgrade AV software,  you're actually
> getting work done instead of wasting your time
>  installing/reinstalling/uninstalling/purging various nasty bits...

Or  Linux. Depending on the h/w and s/w you need to run, it provides a
very  stable and complete environment.