RE: Virus software

To: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Virus software
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:54:39 -0800
I fear Microsoft has taken over IBM's place in the market.  For decades IBM
sold inferior outdated computer products but dominated the market by smoke,
mirrors, and a very effective marketing ploy (FUD).  They announced 'new'
technology as if they had invented it but almost without exception, such
technology had been used by others for years.  For instance, dynamic memory
allocation, distributed peripheral controllers, and the beauty of them all
-machine independent operating systems.   Microsoft seems to be doing the
same thing.  I had to laugh at a talk given many years ago by Bill Gates
where he predicted the advent of voice-with-data modems.  The vast majority
of the attendees were open mouthed in wonder at his vision but did not
know  what a load of bull this was as three manufacturers had just
announced this products availability.  Some prophesy !!  Sorry about this
eruption - but if Microsoft does offer a product I bet it is not as good as
what is already out there!

At 07:06 AM 3/8/05, Councill, David wrote:
>I'm running that at work to test it and it seems to be pretty good.
>Still I was a bit uneasy trusting Microsoft of all companies to handle
>antispyware. It seems something akin to using Lucas brake fluid in an
>automobile. Yes, there is such a thing.
>
>David Councill
>67 BGT
>72 B