Re: OT: Looking for Pocket Bike suggestions

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Looking for Pocket Bike suggestions
From: Max Heim <mark2592@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:24:00 -0800
I know it's none of my business how you raise your kid, but frankly, I think
that's insane. Have you seen the accident statistics on those mini-bikes and
motorized scooters? But maybe you live in a remote rural area. Here in the
medium-size-city/suburban environment, they're deathtraps, although that
doesn't stop them from being heavily promoted by discount stores/auto parts
chains. I think she'd be safer on a real motorcycle than on something too
low to be seen by or around cars, especially SUVs. And don't say she'll keep
on the sidewalk -- then it's a menace to pedestrians, not to mention illegal
almost anywhere, and even more vulnerable to cars at driveways and
intersections.

on 3/8/05 3:36 PM, TJ Tryon, Jr. at tjt@insightbb.com wrote:

> A little off topic for the lists, but hopefully someone here has some
> ideas...
>
> I would like to get my 12 year old daughter one of the 1/2 scale 49cc crotch
> rockets (pocket bike?).  I live in Indiana and am looking for suggestions on
> make/model and where to buy them.  I do know I'd like it to have lights and
> turn signals.  Much thanks in advance for any info!
>
> TJ

Sorry for the rant, but that's how I feel...

--
Max