Pocket Bike

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Pocket Bike
From: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:48:41 -0500
OK, I've had lots of "you shouldn't do that".  More background...

She currently has a PW80 that sees frequent dirt track use.  She knows how
to ride.  Her mom bought her a pocket bike for their very rural neighborhood
in Tennessee.  I would like to get her one she can use when she is with me
over the summers in my very safe, low traffic neighborhood.  As long as it
is under 50cc, she does not need a license in the neighborhood.  I'd have
gotten her a FZR400 if she were 4 years older.

I ride and race streetbikes in AMA CCS Sanctioned racing.  She has always
been around motorcycles, knows to respect and be scared of them at all
times.  She's crashed motorcycles, run them hard, has fun with them on the
dirt track flat tracking (she has her own metal shoe).

Basically, after much though, this is a good idea....   Really....

Basically, I don't know lick about the little bikes, I want info on what
brands are good/bad, 2 vs. 4 stroke, good places for deals, etc.  I don't
need advice on how to raise my daughter, as she has turned out awesome...