Re: Off topic - Avast virus software

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Off topic - Avast virus software
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:41:34 -0600
I think you'll have to uninstall norton for the first error to go away.

As to 206.172.157.190:135 that's not email. That's port 135 from that
IP address. It's trying to attack you netbios (aka Microsoft
networking).

It could be normal. It's a script puppy attack in action. Switch off
the pop up. Blasting back only makes them mad.

You can try to complain to abuse@sympatico.ca, which owns that IP
address. For them to be able to do anything at all, you'd have to have
an electronic log from avast with time stamp so they might have a chance
of figuring out who was doing it. But it's not very likely.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB