clutch

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com
Subject: clutch
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:24:48 -0600
I replaced the clutch in my 65 B and the pedal is extremely hard to
push in and it won't disengage the engine.  I had my wife push the
clutch in.  I don't know how far she got the pedal down but I felt
about maybe an inch of travel on the cylinder.  I originally replaced
the clutch because of clutch spin.   The master cylinder looks pretty
knew.   Any ideas for me what to try and what would make it so stiff?
I wondered if it was a hydraulic problem and thought about dropping the
slave and seeing if I get plenty of travel on the cylinder.  I'm a
little stumped. I used the clutch alignment tool when I installed it.
It just didn't seem to be the big a deal.  When I had the engine out,
the throwout bearing arm had plenty of free play.

Mike