Re: Will a cd player fit in a Midget?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Will a cd player fit in a Midget?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:53:38 -0800
Well, I definitely agree about that. Shorter would be better, certainly.

The radio in this particular Midget had a row of pushbuttons that stuck out
almost an inch, right at a level with the shift knob, and some genius had
installed an oversized leather-wrapped knob which made it even worse. I
convinced the owner to substitute a smaller walnut knob at the same time she
replaced the broken steering wheel with a wood rim.

I am visualizing a CD finishing play and ejecting just when a quick 4-3
downshift is called for... talk about sliced knuckles... hopefully it's not
as bad as all that.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149