RE: Tach problem

To: "bernd" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tach problem
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:16:56 -0600
Well it could be the tach. The one in my 71BGT, used to jump a few
thousand rpms at high revs, particulary during the summer under hot
conditions. But sometimes it would also peg out when I first turned on
the ignition. But it ran that way for years - just an annoyance. Then
when I parted out my 71BGT and used a lot of the parts in my 72B
restoration, the same tach did the same thing in the 72B. But I had
another tach that came with the 72 so I put it in and it ran without any
problems. So my problematic tach is now sitting on a shelf.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B