Re: Got £100m? MG Rover needs it.

To: ksmith40@centurytel.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Got £100m? MG Rover needs it.
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
Ford owns Land Rover, not to be confused with MG/Rover which was bought by a
group of investers (Phoenix Consortiam) for 5 or 10 pounds a few years ago. If
you search MGR or MG Rover in BBC news you can get a pretty good history of the
current situation.

ksmith40@centurytel.net wrote:Not really related to our classic MG's, but this
BBC article is interesting.

It really sounds to me like some rotten management (nothing we're not already
used to see connected to the letters MG).

I thought FoMoCo owned these guys? With the wild popularity of the "new"
Mustang, why are they not getting MG Rover to cash in on the retromobile
movement and re-release the MGB, or Midget to the U.S. market?

Kevin