Clutch Master Cylinder woes again...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Master Cylinder woes again...
From: Marc Siegel <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:14:23 -0400
Why is it that my clutch pedal is "skrunching" again?? This is getting
kind of frustrating. I replaced the original Clutch mc as it was
dripping a little bit and had gotten "skrunchy".

I used a Moss supplied part. It too started doing that "skrunching"
thing shortly thereafter, and the pedal travel was not smooth (as is
happening again). Moss kindly replaced the part, but the problem started
showing up again last summer...

I have also replaced the clevis pins, slave cylinder, banjo, clutch
hose, and the hard line that connects them (as a consequence of a seized
flare nut on the clutch hose). I use Castrol GT LMA fluid, and the
bleeding each time was a breeze, resulting in a firm pedal with no
travel issues.

Is there something else I need to know about, or is it just an unhappy
circumstance? Is this a common phenomena that I just need to live with?

--
Marc