MG Rover Enthusiasts Set for London rally.

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: MG Rover Enthusiasts Set for London rally.
From: eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 02:09:06 +0930
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Thursday 21st April 2005

MG Rover Enthusiasts Set for London rally.

MG and Rover owners are gathering in London on Saturday to show their
support for all those affected by the collapse of MG Rover.

This weekends event is the latest in a series of rallies which have
seen MG and Rover enthusiasts gather in support of the two beleaguered
marques and the Longbridge workers. On Saturday, enthusiasts will be
meeting at South Mimms Services, J23 M25 between 10am and midday on
Saturday the 23rd of April, before proceeding into London shortly after
12:30. Following the parade through London, the convoy will make its way
back up to Longbridge, aiming to arrive between 3pm and 4pm.

Steve Childs, from the MG and Rover enthusiasts website,
www.mg-rover.org said This is probably the last chance for MG and Rover
owners and enthusiasts to show their support for the estimated 25,000
people affected by recent events at Longbridge.

Its still not too late to ensure a positive outcome from car
manufacturing at Longbridge and for the thousands of highly skilled jobs
dependant on the plant survival. We would encourage all MG and Rover
drivers from across the country the join with us in London and show
their support for the workers at Longbridge and all those affected.

The demise of MG Rover is a national issue, not solely a midlands
issue, it is entirely fitting that we demonstrate our concern in the
nations capital. We hope the presence of such a large number of MG
Rovers on the streets of the capital will concentrate minds at a
critical time for UK manufacturing.

There is just over 100 years of history of car manufacturing at
Longbridge and we do not want our indigenous car
manufacturing industry to follow the same path as our ship building,
coal mining and pottery industries. If this trend continues, the Made
in Britain badge will become a collectors item soon, as you wont see
them on any products.

Established in 2001, MG-Rover.org is today established as the leading MG
and Rover enthusiasts website. For the latest information on Saturdays
rally please log onto www.mg-rover.org.

Message Ends

All content contained herein is copyright free for editorial purposes.

Please note that MG-Rover.org is not associated with, endorsed by or
approved by MG Rover Group Limited or Phoenix Venture Holdings Limited.

The official MG Rover Group Limited website may be found at
www.mg-rover.com

For more information on MG-Rover.org, please contact Steve Childs.

E-mail steve@mg-rover.org