RE: V5 for sale on eBay???

To: "'Paul T. Root'" <ptroot@iaces.com>,
Subject: RE: V5 for sale on eBay???
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:05:44 +0100
Well, sort of.  This heads right into the thorny question of how many things
can you change on a car and it's still the same car.  I believe there is
some sort of points system - transfer enough "points" into your new shell
and it's still, as far as the DVLA are concerned, the same car.  I can't
remember how many points are involved, but I guess you'd probably need at
least the engine and gearbox from the old car for the new car to be
registered under the same registration.

In any case, if you are re-shelling based on a car you already own, you
should have a V5 for it and have no need to spend at least #400 (what the
guy was asking) on another one from eBay.  Anyone buying a V5 but no part of
the car it belongs to has to be up to something dodgy.

Richard Gosling