Re: [MG-MGB] clutch saga isn't over -

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] clutch saga isn't over -
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:45:12 +0100
I don't really understand your description.  Is fluid coming out of the bleed
nipple?  Have you even opened it?  Is it in the uppermost of the two possible
positions?  With the bleed nipple closed is the slave piston moving when the
pedal is operated?  How much?  If there is air in the lines, and the passage
through the bleed nipple is blocked for some reason, then I can see that
pumping the pedal will move fluid into the line, compress the air, then when
you release the pedal the pressure in the line will push the fluid back into
the master.  If you can't get fluid out of the bleed nipple then that is your
first problem so resolve.  Is it blocked with gunge?  Is the slave cylinder
blocked with gunge?  If you slacken the flex hose to slave connection and pump
the pedal does fluid seep out then?  If not then the flex hose has probably
collapsed internally and is causing the blockage.

PaulH.