Re: Midget - What kind of shock oil to use

To: "Jeremy Loukinas" <Sunadmin@adelphia.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget - What kind of shock oil to use
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:47:44 +0100
If they aren't working *or* leaking then maybe all the fluid has leaked out.
If so adding new will just leak out again.  If it doesn't, then I suppose
the valve could have been removed, which is one of the options for a oil
over system, which may have been removed and the valve not replaced.
Leaking and empty would be odd for both dampers, unless the P (or C) O were
really D.  How are you checking them?  A good push down should give one
rebound, then dip again just past the static point, then return to the
static point.  If both have had it an exchange pair is probably your best
bet.  These do depend on the quality of the core unit but you would be
unlucky to get more than one early failure, and it is still far cheaper
(about 12 quid each in the UK) than buying new.

PaulH.