Re: As the wheel turns

To: ladaniels@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: As the wheel turns
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:56:45 -0400
Larry,
   My experiment, after I asked Paul for more explanation, was this:
        Wrapped one turn of wire around a tennis ball, squeezed the ball
against the table,  noted that the wire  _was_  then loose and could be
tightened a bit.  When the pressure on the ball was released, the wire
tightened again.
   It still doesn't make sense to me that the circumference would change
and could be less than the distance rolled on the pavement, but that is
what happened in my experiment.
Bob

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:36:14 -0500 "Larry Daniels"
<ladaniels@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> Ok guys, we have been having simultaneous discussions of tires and
> their measurements on the Spridgets list and the MG list.  The
questions
> were about diameters, radii and circumference -- both loaded and
unloaded.