Re: Where Can I get some Kumho "Euro Metric 771"

To: "Steven Devine" <stevedevine@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Where Can I get some Kumho "Euro Metric 771"
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:14:31 -0500
At 11:16 PM 6/13/05 -0400, Steven Devine wrote:
>.... Does anyone know where I can get replacements or do I just have to
>buy another whole set of somthing else to have them match? ....

The 721 has been discontinued.  It is not unusual for tire models to change
periodically.  I suggest using Kumho "Power Star 758".

If you buy only two new tires, mount them on the same end of the vehicle
with old tires on opposite end.  Suggest new tires on front and old ones on
rear until the old ones are worn out, then replace those with new as well.

New tires may have slightly better grip than old ones.  If you have better
grip in front you may have a little oversteer, which is great for autocross
but not so great for highway cruising.  That being the case, try switching
tires front to back.  For road cruising it's better to have slight
understeer so the car doesn't try to swap ends during a harsh manuver.

Go for tires with traction rating "A".  Avoid traction rating "B" (except
for show-only tires).  Never mix "A" and "B" on the same car, as that will
definitely make for a stability problem.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com