Re: Road Pricing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Pricing
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com> wrote:

> For the benefit of those outside the UK, the idea is that
> different roads at different times of day will have different
> prices - a
> country road at 2am will be as low as 2p per mile, while a major
> route in
> rush-hour could be as much as #1.35 per mile.

Oh, it's going on in the US, too.  Oregon is actively investigating
it and Washington has a hush-hush pilot program under way.  With
the actions of our tax-happy legislature earlier this year, I'm
sure it will move forward in the next legislative session.  Big
Brother is watching you.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com