Re: what is it?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what is it?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:50:00 -0700
If you Google "borgward isabella" you will find some better pix. That was
just the first link on the page. It's a smaller car than the factory
publicity photos would indicate, and the grill design may have changed
somewhat over its lifespan.

I have seen a few at local car meets, and when you said "boywood" that
seemed pretty obvious. It is definitely from the same "school" of styling as
the Karmann-Ghia.

The Nash-Healey was a good guess, too -- it is also in the same design genre
(early 50s Torino). But it doesn't have the "cab forward" look of the Ghia
or the Borgward. And of course it is a roadster, not a coupe.

There are a few other obscure European cars of the period that might meet
the description (I am thinking the Goggomobil TS400 Coupe, in particular),
but the name script would seem to be a deciding factor.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149