Re: Fuel Cell

To: toms_MG@tombuchanan.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Cell
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:26:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/2005 6:56:18 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
toms_MG@tombuchanan.net writes:

_http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=580&e=6&u=/nm/20050624/bs_nm/autos_
japan_honda_dc_
(http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=580&e=6&u=/nm/20050624/bs_nm/autos_japan_honda_dc)

fuel cell cars could have a market share of 5 percent by 2020

Be still my beating heart!  I wont live long enough to see them take  over.

Hey, just my opinion, but I don't think alternative fuels will take over as
primary sources of power until we run out of the cheap petroleum.  In our
free market economy, the only kind that works, the cheapest is the best.

I think we should actively go after every bit of oil in the US  and  use it
all up as soon as possible, and we can tell all the foreign oil sources  to
butt a stump.  We can stop selling the Alaskan oil to Japan.  It  will employ a
bunch of folks in West Texas, help our overall economy, and when  we run out in
75 years or so, you can bet some smart entrepeneurs will have come  up with a
viable replacement.  I just think replacements wont be used until  we HAVE to.

There as a time when the automobile was invented and being produced, but
only for the very rich as it was not economically viable for everyday
transportation for everyone.  When it became perfected and made economical
(thanks
Henry) more and more started using it, and now it is the norm.   What did the
transition take, 1890 something to 1920 something?  I would  say you could
argue
the automobile wasn't primary transportation for the  majority until nearly
WWII.

So, when we start running out of oil, and it starts costing $20 a gallon,
hydrogen fuel cells, or cosmic wind adapters, or whatever will start looking
attractive and viable, and 30+ years after that, they will be the primary means

of transportation.  I hope my great grandchildren live long enough to see  it.

Robert  Houston
74.5 MGBGT
63 TR4
73 MG Midget

Firstly you must always  implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form
any opinion of your own  regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider
every man your enemy who  speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate
a Frenchman as you hate the  devil._ Horatio  Nelson_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/horationel167957.html)