RE: sputtering- dying

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sputtering- dying
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:27:46 -0600
Its hard to tell from your description but it sounds like the car wash
part is just coincidental. Assuming regular ignition, I'd suspect the
condensor or its connection to the points as one possibility. Maybe bad
spark plug or its connection to the cap but that wouldn't account for
the erratic tach.

Usually in a case like this where I'm not sure the cause, I would
replace points/condensor, probably plugs. Check the cap and replace it
if it looks like it needs it. Just a regular tuneup type of things. And
check connections of course to everything going to the distributer.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B
dcouncill@msubillings.edu