Re: big white cloud

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: big white cloud
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:54:03 -0700
Hmmm...

Would you describe the smoke as:

White? Water vapor -- blown head gasket, cracked head or block

Bluish? Oil smoke -- bad rings, valve stem seals, valve guides

Black or sooty? Unburned gas -- rich mixture, choke on, timing

I'm actually not familiar with the symptoms of a burnt valve, but what you
are describing seems rather more drastic than that.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149