new points-won't start-Part 2

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: new points-won't start-Part 2
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:09:57 -0500
I've checked out a few things this afternoon.
I checked the rotor and it will not turn by hand and the dizzy plate is well
seated in the block, so the rotor should in the correct position since I
took the dizzy mounting plate and all off (Bob suggested to look at this).
David and Gordie suggested that the condenser wire cannot contact the nut on
the points post. This may be the problem although I'll need help to solve it
because:
The OLD points had a plastic threaded "bolt" to attach the terminal lead and
consenser lead to via a metal nut. The NEW points (Lucas also) has a metal
bolt to attach the above to. The leads that attach to the bolt have an over
sized hole that goes over the post and when you tighten them down there
seems to be no way to determine if they are contacting the post. The metal
band that leads to the points is isolated from the floor of the dizzy and
has a plastic sleeve on top of it.

It seems like I've had this same problem years back on the 79B and it was in
the order of the leads/washers on the points terminal post.
Here is the original order of things that I recorded when I took them off
the dizzy and worked fine until a few weeks ago (from the top of the post
downwards): nut, terminal and lead wire, condenser lead, FIBER WASHER, metal
band that goes to the points. These are all mounted on a PLASTIC bolt. Thus
the condenser lead and terminal lead were not isolated from each other, but
were isolated from the metal band.
I have an identical 25D dizzy out of a parts car and the order is: nut,
terminal and lead, FIBER WASHER, condenser lead which TOUCHES the metal band
that leads to the points.
So I am confused about this. Which parts have to be electrically isolated
from each other and how can I correct it with a metal post to connect
everything to?
Sorry to be so long winded, but hopefully this is detailed enough that
someone can "fix me up".
Thanks,
Monte