[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Oil change cards / This is what I meant.

To: MG List <>
Subject: Re: Oil change cards / This is what I meant.
From: Eric Erickson <>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:55:34 +0930
On 24 Jul 2005, at 8:37 PM, Bert Palte wrote:

> At 03:38 24/07/05, you wrote:
>> on 7/23/05 12:06 PM, Bert Palte at wrote:
>> > I am trying to find examples of oil change cards of the 70s/80s,  
>> possibly
>> OK, I'll bite. what is an oil change card?
> Sorry guys, English is not my first language.
> What I mean is a small tag, probably about 40 x 80 mm (1.5 inch by  
> 3 inches) or so with e.g. a 6 mm (1/4 in.) hole in them,
> dangling from e.g. the direction indicator stalk or the choke  
> control knob of your car using a small piece of rope,
> the rope usually being white, red or green.

I have never seen these used in Australia - they use a sticker on the  
quarter window (or windscreen) and write in the date/milage of the  
next lube/oil change etc - my MG guy uses one with a Union Jack flag  
on it (so from outside the car you just see the Union Jack - and it  
just looks like a cool sticker).

Maybe they did this before I owned a car?

Adelaide, South Australia

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>