Black Knobs and Switch reblackening

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Black Knobs and Switch reblackening
From: Syd Saperstein <tcsyd@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
Dear List,

When you do your vintage car "make-over" what do you do with your

knobs?  Switches? Handles etc?  You may have seen an item or 2 on the

MG-TABC list in the recent past relating to a Black Hard Rubber

(or soft rubber too) Dye that I had developed for my "other hobby",

vintage fountain pen restoration.  Some local TC and MMM car folks

who heard about the pen dye asked me for some of it and have used

it successfully to re-blacken their faded browned-out switches and

knobs and brake handles.  At the encouragement of Rick Storms,

Terry Sanders and a few others, I have re-formulated the

Pensbury Manor Black Hard Rubber Pen Potion No. 9 (PMBHRPPNo9) for

use in vintage car restoration under the new trade name

"GREAT KNOBS!"  In order to boost my GREAT KNOBS!, I am putting up a

new GREAT KNOBS! web page at pensburymanor.com in the next week or

so with links to permit folks to order it under that name.  In the

meantime, folks who are interested can send me an email, or go to

the Black Hard Rubber Dye page at www.pensburymanor.com website to

order (just be sure to say "I want GREAT KNOBS!" so I will know

which bottle to send you).

TCSYD