2005 London to Paris rally (no, not _that_ London and Paris)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 2005 London to Paris rally (no, not _that_ London and Paris)
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:40:49 -0500
Hello MG folk!

Yeah, it's a bit out, and yeah, a lot of you don't care, but I really really
want some Brit cars at this event...

I'm up to my eyeballs in our local SCCA region.  I'm co-chair of our annual
"London to Paris" road rally.
London to Paris Arkansas that is.  Chunnel?  We don't need no stinking chunnel!
 Won't even require a
passport, unless the Arkansas Department of Homeland Security and Pork Futures
gets a little
too aggressive!

It's a tour type "time speed distance" event, run on a couple of hundred of the
best twisty back road
miles in the Ozark mountains!  MG?  MG!  It'll be October 29th this year,
that's a Saturday.  Hopefully
the trees will co-operate, but I think they're all on Lucas clocks up there.
Colour or not, it'll be a
pretty drive.  And fun.  Did I mention twisty?  :)

For those who think looking cool is better than being competitive, we've got an
award for "People's
Choice" coolest car, as voted on by entrants.  There's also a trophy for "Best
Represented Club".
For more info, please check out http://www.teamsanctuary.com/l2p.htm.

Want more MG info in this?  Well, I hope to have my 'B V8 back on the road by
then.  Maybe.  Fingers
crossed, knock on the ever present wood (always some in every Brit car!).

Know some other car nut in the central part of the country who might like to
run?  Feel free to share
the info.  Rally information wants to be free!

Safety fast!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary