Re: clutch master/slave cylinders

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch master/slave cylinders
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:12:02 +0930
Hi,

I have just had an opportunity to get my 'B painted.

Unfortunately it will no longer be primrose - and won't even be an MG
colour (rather a dark blue but not an MG dark blue)  but I can't
argue with someone wanting to paint my car in their company colours
at little or no cost to me as she sorely needs a paint job.  It will
be all-over dark blue with the livery done with "all-over" stickers.
I will need to carry the livery for 12 months (plus a 12 month option).

Now, I am going to have to get into the minimum through to the
maximum that needs to be done to paint an MG.  So website links and
advice is welcome.

To get close to a bare-metal, shell-up job may mean I might have to
put something towards the cost (I am sure I can pull most of the bits
off the car myself... getting them back on is another thing).

Engine and gearbox and hydraulics out.  If I go that far, should I go
the whole hog and strip the engine bay out entirely (what is left,
anyway??).

Chrome off (strips/mouldings) door handles, lights etc.

The cockpit is pretty bare at the moment - so I will probably strip
that and ask for the paint to go 100% through her?

Now, the windscreen.  Would I be really slack if I just taped it up
and had them paint around it (trying to get under the rubber seals)?

Any advice is welcome (on or off list).  Can you tell... I have never
had a car painted before!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia