Re: Regular Gas Woes...

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: Regular Gas Woes...
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:23:01 -0500
   I know that Ed mentioned that a stock '80 B ought not to need premium
gas.  However, who knows the history of your engine if you bough it
used?  It might have had the head shaved or the combustion chambers
might be full of carbon, thus raising the compression ratio.  The
running on might be a clue to the latter; glowing carbon in the CCs.  Or
maybe it's running stinking rich.  Is the tailpipe black inside?  What
color are the plugs?

   About retarding the spark: did you loosen up the pinch nut and twist
the dizzy or are you using the knurled nut on the dizzy?  Not much
adjustment in the nut, compared to twisting the dizzy.

   regards,

   CR