Tight Brakes

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "mg-t" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tight Brakes
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:32:40 -0500
I put new brake linings on the old TD today. Two of the wheels were 'tight',
even with the adjusters fully retracted. I wasn't too concerned as I could
still push the car by hand, although I could feel some resistance. After a two
mile drive, I stopped to check the wheels. One of the 'tight' drums was just
warm, but the other one was hot enough to fry spit (and smelled hot).

Should I .....
    Don't worry, be happy?
    Take short slow drives until the linings break in?
    Not drive at all until I find some linings that don't drag?
    Other?

PS: I'm pretty sure the brake cylinders are OK.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361