Re: Things MG SHOULD Have Done

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Things MG SHOULD Have Done
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:25:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/09/2005 8:21:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

Doesn't  sound right, at least for RHD.  Up to 75 (roadster and V8) choke  had
its own little hole quite high up on the firewall or firewall shelf  pointing
upwards, whereas speedo hole is much lower and pointing downwards  on top of
the RHD clutch foot rest.  That hole would result in a very  convoluted choke
cable route, i'dathought.  I *thought* the LHD Bs at  least used the same
speedo hole as the RHDs as they had a longer cable that  went across the car
behind the dash and a right-angle drive on the back of  the speedo.  But as I
say I don't know the C or  LHD.
my mistake and I missed it in the rebuild 20 years ago.  The RHD is a  fair
bit different, I think, so .......

Everything always seemed so much easier to get at in MGAs!

Bill