brake fluid (again)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake fluid (again)
From: "Daniel Williford" <williford@verizonmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:00:39 -0500
I'm replacing the brake hoses on my 71 BGT that has been garaged, but not
driven, for 5-6 years (recently purchased from 2nd owner of the car). Of
course, since I'm replacing the hoses, I will need to replace the brake fluid,
esp. considering the years of storage. Anyone know of a stocking source for
Castrol LMA brake fluid? The retail auto parts stores (azo, adv, o'r) don't
seem to carry it ...some carry silicone, but based on recent/current list
comments, I don't think I'd like to use.

I have found a Valvoline synthetic flud that claims to exceed DOT 3 & 4 specs,
and be compatible with any other fluid. Anyone have any experience with this?

Please reply directly, as I am on the digest version of the list, and it
sometimes takes a couple of days for postings to reach me.

Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance.

Dan W.
71 BGT being slowly resurrected from storage....