Re: MGB overheating

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: MGB overheating
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:50:17 -0500
I discovered that the EGR valve was plugged on my B.  I pulled the plug
out and I see a lot of smoke in the exhaust.  The plugs are a little
black but not gunky.  I get quite a bit of air pushing out of the oil
filler on the rocker.  I did a compression test and found #1  160, #2
155, #3 155, #4 175.   The engine runs well.

Head gasket, worn rings?  Anyway to tell the difference other than
pulling the head and checking the gasket or doing a leakdown test?

Mike