Carb Heat Shield Insulator

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Heat Shield Insulator
From: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:56:57 -0500
 I've come across what I think is a really good insulator for the carb heat
shield and thought I'd pass it along. It's a Ford part that is used in a
recall on Police Interceptors to insulate the floor from the catalytic
convertors. It comes in a sheet 8 1/2" x 10", a really good adhesive back,
quilted foil face, about 3/16" thick, easy to cut. I've used it on my '74B
for a couple of months now and it seems to be doing a good job. Ford part #
5W7Z 5401588-E list price is $3.96, comes in a package of two, you'll
probabaly have to buy them both because the recall requires two and a dealer
wouldn't have any use for a single piece (I know, I work for a Ford
dealership).

  Works for me, but as always, YMMV.

Jim K.