Re: Increased VIRUS Activity!!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Increased VIRUS Activity!!!!
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:27:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- AGreenberg@aol.com wrote:

> The first thing I
> need to do is get the mailer working....AOL as far as I know is not
> Linuxable,

No, AOL has a well earned reputation as being the one size
fits all ISP.  You'll probably be unable to run your own
mail system using sendmail or smail, and be compelled to
read mail with a web browser set up as a POP, IMAP or another
personal mail transfer protocol client. However, most other
ISPs do support SMTP.

> but I'm sure it will be soon given some of the buzz on
> the web.

Boy, I'm not sure about that.  There is recent news that
The Evil Empire wants to buy a stake in AOL from Time/Warner
and merge it with The Microsoft Network (which, if you'll
recall, was originally Microsoft's attempt to get people
*off* the Internet and locked into their proprietary
Windows-only networking service).

Anyway, good luck with your project!

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com