Re: Dead Alt?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dead Alt?
From: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:05:47 -0700
I'd like to thank everyone for the suggestions so far. First off I'd like to
say that the bulb for the warning light is fine so that's not the issue.
However, I'd like to add one more thing into the pot I just found out that
may be significant.

The radio has always been wired wrong. The constant power circuit was
correct, but rather than using the accessory wiring that ran on the seat
belt warning circuit it was wired into the ignition circuit that's live once
you turn the key.

The radio's not coming on. Ever. But the clock works fine, and no fuses are
blown. So, the constant power circuit is fine but the circuit that runs off
of the ignition is dead.

Can an ignition problem be what's causing the alt not to charge the battery?

Thanks.