Rebuilding Brake Master Cylinder

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilding Brake Master Cylinder
From: "Ray Graham" <rgraham@sigecom.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:48:31 -0400
Listers:
I am installing a Moss brake master cylinder repair kit on my 66 B.
Got a question about the order and fitting of the assembly going into
the Master, original unmarked cylinder.
1.         New plastic fitting onto the large end of the spring
2.         Spring
3.         Small plastic fitting (mine is chipped/cracked but still
somewhat intact?  Problem? Solution?  The repair kit did not contain one
of these.) onto the small end of the spring
4.         Cup seal, open end facing into cylinder
5.         Washer
6.         Piston, flat end with 3 tiny holes in first
7.         Open ended rubber seal (Here is the biggest question-does
this seal seat around the end of the piston or just install in line?
Which end of the seal in?)
8.         Push rod with washer and circlip
9.         Outer rubber cap

Thanks for the help..