RE: Rhino Rover was "SUPERCARS.NET"

To: "'Andrew B. Lundgren'" <lundgren@byu.net>,
Subject: RE: Rhino Rover was "SUPERCARS.NET"
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:34:56 +0100
Andrew said: "That doesn't even sound as good as the German Mini's.  (Which
are not
British cars at all as far as I can tell.)"

Well, there's no dispute that the Mini is owned by BMW.  But the car was
designed in England by English designers, is built in Oxford by a (mostly I
expect!) English workforce, although I'm not sure where the engine itself is
built (I have a vague feeling about Brazil, but I could easily be wrong).

This makes the New Mini just as British as Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin,
Jaguar, Land Rover, Lotus, TVR, and more British than some Bentleys (some of
which are built in Germany).

If you really want a car built by a British-owned company these days, I
think your choices are limited to Caterham, Westfield, Marcos, or Bristol.
Maybe AC too - they seem to change hands every other week, not sure of the
nationality of this weeks owner.  And most of these have imported engines.

Richard & Nancy ('73 Black Tulip BGT slowly awakening from 10-yr
hibernation)