RE: Rear Axle asymmetry (MGB)

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Rear Axle asymmetry (MGB)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:52:44 -0700
Paul:

You may be able to help me with additional information.

I have been able to examine an original chrome bumper MGB GT V8 and did
find as specified that the front spring mounting point is lowered just
as a US spec rubber bumper car, thus raising the ride height slightly
and changing the rear axle geometry a little.  This keeps the ride
height level from front to rear with the raised pad V8 front crossmember
installed.

The rear spring mounting point was the same as a 4 cylinder chrome
bumper car.

When the Rubber Bumper MGB GT V8 was released, was the rear spring
mounting point then also lowered raising the ride height further?

The reason I'm asking is that the U.S. Federal specification Rubber
Bumper cars have both the front spring mount lowered, and the rear.  I'm
not sure if this was also done on the UK spec Rubber bumper V8 and 4
cylinder cars.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf