Re: Thump the Pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thump the Pump
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:42:56 -0500
  I had the fuel pump quit on me, in my '69 B, over in Tennesee a few
years back.  So I thumped it and went on down the road.  So I'm in
Nashville later on and it quits again.  So I get under it in the Motel
parking lot with my VOM.  Hmmm, there's juice to the pump, but wait!
There's ~11 volts from the ground terminal on the pump to the frame
ground.  So I go around back and clean the ground connections in the
boot - y'know, the ones on the license plate frame - and all was well.

   So, guys 'n gals, clean all the connections, especially those
grounds,  before you run out and buy replacement parts.  The dough you
save may be your own!

   Cheers,

    CR