The X-Member

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The X-Member
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:45:06 -0700
Having had fun contemplating renewing the oil pump bits in my SD1
gearbox  (connected to a Rover V8 - installed in a 1970 MGB GT shell)  I
was advised that the gearbox may have to come out.  For 'gearbox' read the
whole damn motor!   Seems the integral cross member stops the box just
dropping down - a painful design!    So I asked Kelvin Dodd if Moss had
ever contemplated making a kit to make the X-member removable.  But alas
no!    Has anyone ever examined the possibility of doing this?  I have to
confess I have not been able to get under my MGB so maybe it just is not
doable?

I am happy to say my MGB GT V8 has been running fine - no splutters at
all.   Electric fan only comes on in heavy traffic or when I park - then
only for a couple of minutes.  So ceramic coatings live !!!.......as well
as decent lbs from fuel pumps.

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
705-721-9060

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
                       Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
                       Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs