Re: GT Healiner Removal

To: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT Healiner Removal
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:24:45 -0700
Jack,

I have been through this exercise for my MGB GT V8 build.  First
advise is take it easy  The headliner of mine came out with all the
bits removed.  But it was a pig not to damage it.  I found tons of
headliner material, to cover the board thing, available from an
upholstery shop - you would not believe the choices you can get.   I
had the upholstery chap put it on the cardboard/fibreboard headliner
as it is very trickey to get it on with glue without creases - worth
the $15 (which is less than the price of glue!).  Howvever, after it
was covered I could NOT get it back in.  I tried all ways to Sunday
without getting it in (okay, settle down....)    So I had an
auto-upholstery chap do it - no problem... bend (but not too much)
push (but not too much) slide (but not too much)....and I paid him
(but not too much).

One thing that is important.  Do not mess up the thin finishing bits
that go round the bottom of the liner and attach to the 'rails'.  You
cannot get them - I still search in vain for such beauties

At 09:08 AM 10/28/2005, Jack Feldman wrote:
>How do I go about removing the headliner on my GT?
>
>I was told that if I removed the rear panel with the courtesy light the
>headliner would slide out to the rear.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Jack
>
>Your messages not reaching the list?