Re: First MGB Clutch - Additional Question

To: Daybell7@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First MGB Clutch - Additional Question
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:50:09 EST
Steve,

I actually tried to use a longer pushrod and I can say without a shred of
doubt that it will not help at all.  The system is self-adjusting.
Grease throw-out bearing (release bearing in Brit-speak)?  I don't  believe
you could, but in any case in order to get to it you'd have to pull the
tranny, engine, etc., so I don't think doing anything but installing a  new
replacement would make sense.  Consider the amount of work on one  hand and the
(relatively) low cost of the components you are installing.   Believe me, it
ain't
worth it.  Replace as much as you can--don't forget  the pressure plate. I
didn't and had to do it all over again.  Big  mistake.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang

In a message dated 11/4/2005 9:40:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,