Gear shift knobs

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gear shift knobs
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:34:50 -0800
A wood local turner made me a bird's eye and ebony gear shift but due
to bad glue (weak crazy glue) it came apart.  Now he says he can make
another and I have decided on solid black Indian ebony.  However they
only sell it in 2" X 2" X 18" pieces - enough for 6 knobs!   Is there
anyone out there that would want one of these.  The cost of the wood
per knob works out at $8 and I think he would turn them for $15
each.  So allowing for postage the bill would be roughly $25.  They
would be solid with a hole into which you would have to fit a 1/2"
wide 7/8ths long tapped nut which I have found in the local hardware
store.  I  need a 5/16 NC 18 pitch one as I have a Rover SD1 gear
lever but others must be available.  The hole would be just over
1/2".  Nothing on the top as I cannot find those gear shift pattern
things as normally appears on knobs.

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

Purveyor of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
------- and of stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
------- and of bitumastic soundproofing