Great Videos - DVD's

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Great Videos - DVD's
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:50:12 -0500
Kim Tonry's post re. "Grand Prix" reminds me - I was at SEMA a couple of
weeks ago & got a DVD of "Rendezvous" from Blackwatchracing.com.
http://www.blackwatchracing.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?products=dvd
<http://www.blackwatchracing.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?products=dvd&id=1&c
at=DVD> &id=1&cat=DVD

I first saw "Rendezvous" at a "Chowder" meeting at Sardi's in NYC many years
ago (Owner Vince Sardi raced Alfa Romeo's).  It was a grainy 35mm film
projected onto a sheet.  But, HOLY COW!  What an incredible movie!

A number of years later I obtained a multi-generation copy on VHS.  What a
blast!  I can't tell you how many times I watched it.  I remember one party
we had in Connecticut where I must have played it 5 or 6 times for a group
of my car buddies (3 of us had Mineral Blue, CB MGB Roadsters & lived within
2 blocks.  That's the kind of warped crowd we had at that party.).

But, this DVD version is absolutely the best!  I played it one day when my
wife was out shopping.  Cranked up the volume & stood in front of the
large-screen TV.  It was as if I were driving through Paris myself.  What a
high!  It's been re-mastered & the clarity is great.

If you haven't seen this short video, you owe it to yourself to do so.  It's
absolutely the best car video ever.  Far better than the in-car videos I
have taken during races in the MGB.  You just can't compare charging through
a red light at high rpm's in Paris with a bus turning in front of you with
things like the Ferrari GTO that spun in front of me at Lime Rock.

How many red lights DID this "Rendezvous" car go through that morning?

Norm Sippel

'66 MGB