In defence of the MGC/MGBGT opinion

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: In defence of the MGC/MGBGT opinion
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:37:02 -0600
Jay Donoghue wrote:

Back in the  day, again, I drove a C roadster.  Wonderful power, but I felt
the handling  was heavy and the car tended to understeer in corners, the nose
diving a  bit too much under braking.  However, extrapolating that drive to
what I  know about the GT handling and weight distribution--more to the rear
better  offset the heavy 6--I would think the C-GT would be an excellent car,
especially  as a long-distance highway blaster.

Jay you goofed. The first time I cornered my C I thought it would roll. What a
lousy suspension! What you missed was that it was easily correctable. An
uprated roll bar in the front, and adjustable Spax all 'round, and you would
have had a great road car. I have driven mine for 18 hours and 968 miles in
one day. Other trips were not as long, but close. A C doesn't handle as well
as a B, but it has it's own charm.

Now to the GT. I love mine, but I have to admit I also have a roadster for
those top down days. The GT is hot in summer, but I have added a sun roof and
that makes a difference. It isn't open, but it still is an MG, and a great fun
ride. They are in the process of being rediscovered, so get one while you can,
and enjoy.

Jack
1969 MGC
1972 MGBGT